NMAT Exam by GMAC stands for Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Management Aptitude Test is a national level entrance exam conducted for admission to NMIMS University and other reputed B-Schools in India.
NMIMS is a Management Institute affiliated with the University of Mumbai. It was established in 1981 by Sri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal with the help of a donation from Narsee Monjee Education Trust.
SVKM’s NMAT is a deemed university located in Mumbai. The University has campuses at Shirpur, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, and Navi Mumbai.
NMAT is conducted by Graduate Management Association Council (GMAC) with a unique feature where the student can appear for the exam thrice in a window of 75 days.
Highlights of NMAT Exam
|Exam Name||NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)|
|Conducting Body||Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year (Thrice in 75 days window)|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Fees||Rs. 2000|
|Number of Question||108|
|Number of Colleges accepting NMAT||29 Colleges in India
7 Colleges in South Africa
5 Colleges in Philippines
|Number of Registration||50,000+|
NMAT Exam Proposed Month
|NMAT Admit Card||September|
- Indian citizens can apply for NMAT
- NRI & Foreign candidates can also apply.
- Foreign Nationals can apply through the GMAT score.
Age Limit :
There is no age limit to take NMAT Exam.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University or equivalent can appear for NMAT Exam.
- Appearing and result awaited candidates are also eligible to appear for the exam.
The number of attempts:
There is no fixed number of attempts for the exam.
Exam Pattern of NMAT Exam:
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Name of sections||Language Skills, Quantitative Skill and Logical Reasoning|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
Section-wise Exam Pattern
Number of questions
|Language Skill||32||22 Minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 Minutes|
|Quantitative Skill||48||60 Minutes|
List of MBA Colleges accepting NMAT score
|2||Jain University (CMS Business School)||MBA|
|3||School of Inspired Leadership (SOIL)||PGP|
|4||TAPMI-Mu Sigma||L.E.A.D Programme|
|5||Universal Business School||MBA|
|7||Amrut Mody School of Management||MBA/MMS|
|8||Athena School of Management||PGPM|
|10||BSE Institute Limited||PGPB|
NMAT Score accepted by B-School outside India :
There are around 19 B-Schools in South Africa, Nigeria, and the Philippines accepting NMAT scores for admission of the candidate. Names are listed below:
- Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS)
- Graduate School of Business Leadership- UNISA
- Milpark Business School
- Nelson Mandela University Business School (NMU)
- Rhodes Business School
- North West University (NWU)
- Wits Business School (WITS)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- Covenant University, Nigeria
- Afe Babola University, Nigeria
- Lagos Business School, Nigeria
- Lead City University, Nigeria
- Redeemers University, Nigeria
- Asian Institute of Management
- Ateneo Graduate School of Business, Ateneo de Manila University
- Cesar E. A. Virata School of Business, University of Philippines.
- College of Business Administration and Accountancy, De La Salle University Dasmarinas
- Florentino Cayco Memorial School Graduate Studies School of Business- Arellano University
- Ramon V del Rosario College of Business, De la Salle University
Getting into a good B-School is a dream, you need to plan it before that.
Career Planning plays an important role in shaping your career, so is the planning to choose the best suitable B-School for yourself. You need to focus on various aspects before jumping into a final decision.
Career path analysis helps you in getting the best road map. Get your career assessment test by appearing for the free student profiling process. https://eduxact.edumilestones.com/
Click the link below and get an exhaustive career report and book for a free counseling session. For Studying abroad in 15000+ across 20+ Countries visit the mentioned link.
Please share your valuable inputs regarding the article. Also, help me develop other information guides by giving your suggestions.
You can comment in the section below for sharing your thoughts.