CMAT is commonly known as Common Management Admission Test is an online computer-based entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
It is a national-level admission test conducted with an aim to select the candidate for taking admission in all management programs approved by AICTE.
The first CMAT exam was conducted in 2014 and around 1.2 lakh candidates appeared for this examination.
Highlights of CMAT Exam
|Exam Name||Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Fees||Rs. 1600|
|Number of Question||100|
|Number of colleges accepting CMAT score||1000+ MBA Colleges|
|Number of Registration||1.2 Lakh|
CMAT EXAM -PROPOSED MONTH
|CMAT Admit Card||December|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria
- Indian citizens can apply for NMAT
- There is no age limit to take CMAT Exam.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized University or equivalent to appear for the CMAT Exam.
- Appearing and result awaited candidates are also eligible to appear for the exam.
The number of attempts:
There is no fixed number of attempts for the exam.
Exam Pattern of CMAT Exam:
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Name of sections||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||Each answer carries 4 marks.
1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer
CMAT Exam Pattern : Section-wise
|Sections||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
List of top colleges accepting CMAT scores:
- Prin L.N. Welinkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, Delhi
- Indus Business Academy, Bangalore
- JIMS, Rohini-Jagan Institute of Management Institute
- Taxila Business School, Jaipur
- KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- AIMS Institutes, Bangalore
- Christ University – Institute of Management
FAQs For CMAT Exam 2022
|Question: What are the academic eligibility criteria for the exam?
Answer: Applicant should have done their graduation in any discipline.
Those who are pursuing their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2022.
|Question: What are the eligibility criteria for Executive PGDM?
Answer: Candidate should have done their Graduation degree in any discipline along with five years of minimum experience.
|Question: Is there any negative marking in CMAT?
Answer: Yes, a negative marking scheme is applicable. -1 mark shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Question: Which book is best for CMAT 2022 Preparation?
Answer: The best books for CMAT are as follows.
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma.
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal.
Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal.
Quantitative Aptitude for the CMAT and other MBA Entrance Examination by Jaimin Shah.
|Question: Can I use a calculator in the CMAT exam?
Answer: No, like every entrance exam calculators are prohibited in CMAT.
Career Planning plays an important role in shaping your career, so is the planning to choose the best suitable B-School for yourself. You need to focus on various aspects before jumping into a final decision.
Career path analysis helps you in getting the best road map. Get your career assessment test by appearing for the free student profiling process. https://eduxact.edumilestones.com/
Click the link below and get an exhaustive career report and book for a free counseling session. For Studying abroad in 15000+ across 20+ Countries visit the mentioned link.
Please share your valuable inputs regarding the article. Also, help me develop other information guides by giving your suggestions.
You can comment in the section