The Combined Medical Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC) for the recruitment of medical graduates for various Central Government organizations and services.
Highlights Of CMSE Exam
The Combined Medical Service Examination is an all-India level examination conducted once a year. The candidate has to first clear the written test with minimum cut-off marks. Subsequently, they will be called for the next round. Almost 4 lakh candidates apply for this examination.
|Name of the Exam||Combined Medical Service Examination (CMSE)|
|Organizing Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test (Online)|
|Number of Registrations||Approx. 4 Lakh|
|Selection Process||Online Test & Personality Test|
CMSE EXAM NOTIFICATION& IMPORTANT DATES
The UPSC generally releases the Combined Medical Service Examination (CMSE) notification in the month of July.
Aspirants willing to appear for Combined Medical Service Examination (CMSE) can apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC.
|CMSE Admit Card||September|
Eligibility Criteria: CMS
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) and The Indian Police Service (IPS), and for other services, the candidate must be either of the following :
- Candidates must be a citizen of India
- Candidates must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.
- Candidates must be Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, for settling permanently in India.
- Candidates must a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Myanmar, Uganda, Malawi, Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire with the motive to settle permanently in India.
2. Educational Qualification
- Candidates must hold an MBBS degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates waiting for their final result can also apply.
3. Age Limit
Candidates should not be more than 32 years to appear for The Combined Medical Service Examination. There is no lower age limit defined to appear for the exam. The maximum age mentioned above is relaxable for the following candidates :
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST): 5 years
- Other Backward Classes(OBC) : 3 Years
- Defence Service Personnel : 3 years
- Ex-servicemen and ECOs/SSCOs who have served at least 5 years in Military Service as of 1st of August of the Notification Year: 5 years
- Blind, Deaf-mute and physically handicapped person: 10 Years.
CMSE Officer: Roles & Responsibility
- The medical officer will have to do the medical duties as generally done by the doctor.
- Medical officer assigned the duties to the nurse and other staff members for the proper and efficient functioning of the OPD.
- Medical officer can be posted in any of the Central Department.
CMSE EXAM PATTERN
The Combined Medical Service Examination is an all-India examination conducted by UPSC. The candidate who clears the written test will be called for the Interview exams/Personality Test.
Stage 1: Computer Based Test (Online): 500 Marks
|Paper||Section||Type||Negative Marking||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||General Medicine||Objective||Yes||250|
|Paper-II||Gynaecology & Obstetrics||Objective||Yes|
|Paper-II||Preventive & Social Medicine||Objective||Yes|
|Note: Question paper will be only in English|
Stage 2: Personality Test/ Interview (100 Marks )
The candidate who qualifies for the Combined Medical Service Examination written exam is called for the interview process. This is the last and final stage of the recruitment cycle before the final results are declared. The maximum mark in the interview is 100. Board takes the interview which consists of the competent panelist, who would judge the candidature on the following ground :
- Mental Attentiveness
- Critical power of assimilation
- Clear and Logical Interpretation
- Balance of Judgement
- Ability of social solidarity and leadership
- Intelligent curiosity
Getting into a good job is a dream, you need to plan it before that.
Career Planning plays an important role in shaping your career, so is the planning to choose the best suitable B-School for yourself. You need to focus on various aspects before jumping into a final decision.
Career path analysis helps you in getting the best road map. Get your career assessment test by appearing for the free student profiling process. https://eduxact.edumilestones.com/
Click the link below and get an exhaustive career report and book for a free counseling session. For Studying abroad in 15000+ across 20+ Countries visit the mentioned link.
Please share your valuable inputs regarding the article. Also, help me develop other information guides by giving your suggestions.
You can comment in the section below for sharing your thoughts.